Workforce Development Specialists - Short & Long Term
|November 28, 2012 - January 13, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Management & Training Corporation’s (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have helped tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens.|
|Duties:||MTC International Development is seeking a Workforce Development Specialist who has experience working on international development projects that improve livelihoods through workforce development, SME development, or other methods that target vulnerable groups including women and youth. The Workforce Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the design and/or delivery of work related programs and training that focus on developing employability skills and employment placement that may include technical/vocational and entrepreneurship skills. |
Workforce development-related experience could include: curricula development for vocational training; teacher training; facilities upgrades; development of national skills standards; conducting gaps or labor market analyses; conducting large scale work experience programs; familiarity with youth vocational and employability skills development; enhancing livelihoods development and value chains. S/he will work in close collaboration with national and local level government counterparts focusing on labor systems or workforce development, as well as relevant local organizations that support development of SMEs and entrepreneurial programs.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 10 years of experience working on economic growth projects outside of the U.S.
- Experience as a team member or consultant for technical vocational projects, youth workforce development projects, or entrepreneurship projects in a developing, or transitioning country. This should include experience in a variety of labor market environments, such as construction, agriculture, tourism, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to work under pressure with limited guidance.
- Experience with donor-funded programs; USAID experience preferred.
- Experience in program design, proposal writing preferred.
Interested parties may apply online at: mtcjobs.iapplicants.com
Only applicants that include a resume or CV shall be considered.
Position closes on January 15, 2013
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.