Workforce Development Specialists - Central America
|April 29, 2013 - June 15, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Management & Training Corporationís (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have helped tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens.|
|Duties:||MTC International Development is seeking short-term or long-term Workforce Development Specialists who have experience with workforce development projects for anticipated youth training and workforce programs in Central America. The Workforce Development Specialists will be responsible for overseeing the development of work related programs and capacity building that focus on workforce policy development, curriculum development, apprentice programs, entrepreneurship, economic development, and assisting job creation. Related experience may include: curricula development for vocational training; instructional training; development of national skills standards; conducting gaps or labor market analyses; conducting large scale work experience programs; familiarity with youth vocational and employability skills development. S/he may work in close collaboration with national and local level government counterparts focusing on labor systems or workforce development, as well as relevant local organizations. The successful candidate will also be familiar with SMEs and entrepreneurial programs.|
- At least 5 years of experience with workforce development, TVET, employment, entrepreneurship, and related training or capacity building outside of the U.S.
- Advanced degree in Education, Public Policy, Economics, or related field.
- Experience as a team member or consultant for technical vocational projects or workforce development projects in a developing, or transitioning country that also focus on women or marginalize groups. This should include experience in a variety of labor market environments, such as: agribusiness, construction, textiles, manufacturing, electronics, or tourism.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to work under pressure with limited guidance.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Prior sector experience in Guatemala, El Salvador, or Mexico preferred.
- Experience with donor-funded programs; USAID experience preferred.
Interested parties should apply online at mtcjobs.iapplicants.com
Only applicants that include a resume or CV shall be considered.
Position closes on June 15, 2013
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.